Friday, December 19, 2008

Teachable moment...

So this morning as I was driving the kids to daycare on my way to work, Ethan and I were listening to Christmas music. Well, Away In a Manger came on the radio. Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: Ethan, did you know this song is about the day Jesus was born. You know that is what Christmas is about right?

Ethan: Mom, Christmas is not allllll about God. (said in a "I know what I'm talking about way") What about Santa?

Me: No Ethan, Christmas IS all about God, it is the day Jesus was born and it's all about celebrating his birthday. The reason we give gifts on Christmas is to celebrate that. Santa just helps.

Ethan: Oh, ok. (and his mind was on to something else already!!)

1 comment:

Laura B. said...

Ahh, car conversations. I love how he just agreed and moved right along:)